Thursday, November 12, 2009

thursday's outdoor shots

My choice; I was playing with the lighting and ISO on manual while looking for my red shot and this is what happened. It may be a bit overkill but I loved discovering the effect of super bright lighting and how I could get it on my camera. The lighting is set at +2 with the ISO at I think 800.


Rule of thirds; this is using the landscape setting on my digital which translates to slow speed auto I believe.

Detailed close up; I love this because the black and white makes the detail seem sharper, since there is no color the eye only notices the levels sharpness and contrast. This is manual, set to cloudy, black and white, ISO 200.


Blurred motion; I kept trying to capture falling snow but the camera would only focus on what was behind it and ignore the snow, so I just took a shot of the dumpster to give a solid background. Landscape, slow shutter, auto.




Panning; I tried panning the squirrel and it was all blurry, so I added a car panning to try again and there was no blurring to show that it was even moving. The squirrel was slow shutter auto, but the car was a fast shutter auto, I didn't have time to set the camera before I shot.




For my hyperfocus I used the landscape mode, slow shutter speed to get detail on all planes of the picture. This is a little hard to see, but the branches are at varying levels of distance from front to back. I suppose it is a good mark for their clarity that it is hard to tell them apart.


Sillouhet; Landscape mode, slow shutter auto, with the exposure set at -2.





Reflection; I got the leaf refelction including the leaf, slow shutter auto. But that seemed a bit boring so I added two other reflection photos I got that don't actually show what is being reflected.




Use of red; I loved this shot and kept trying to get my camera to focus on it but couldn't figure out how, until one kind soul pointed out the close up button on my camera, so I had to go back and take this. Landscape setting, slow shutter auto, with the little flower button that means close up detail.











No comments:

Post a Comment