Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Daniel Sofer


Ok, I have found my photographer of the week. Many of Daniel Sofer's scenic shots are not primarily of nature but mix nature with the elements of a city. Instead of bringing attention to nature as beautiful he uses nature as obviously beautiful to bring beauty into manmade structures. Generally I think man made structures are pretty ugly by themselves but Sofer has managed to really make them look beautiful. My favorite are his beach pictures. The way he utilizes light to be everywhere, in the sky, in the water, in the reflecting sand, and the light is a different hue and form in each. I could not find what he used in taking his pictures but in this one I am guessing fast shutter speed to catch the suspended water droplets with no blurring. He is based out of California and in addition to 20 years of photography he is a professional web designer. His website is http://www.hermosawavephotography.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment