Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Field

Instead of blogging about some really good famous photographer, this week I decided to blog about my experiences going out and gathering pictures for my final project. First of all, it is always harder than I expected. I didn't have the good idea of planning my shoot, I would just show up at parks and wander looking for good shots. Having a list like from the assignment last week helped alot. Then I have specifics to look for. Since I don't have a tripod, I would try and take my shots from an angle that let me use nearby rocks to rest my camera on, or lean on while taking pictures. This resulted in some pretty odd contortions on my part, I'm kinda glad the parks didn't have alot of people when I was there. I did notice things we went over in class, like a gorgeous sunset full of red would just not take on my camera. It always left out the red. And partly because of the cold, I think, my battery kept running low really fast. So I had to wait a minute and turn my camera back on between shots. I even tried some of the 'stalking' tips we learned for various animals. I think I'd need a telephoto lens for really good shots there, but I did get some fairly close of a rabbit, even though I admit the rabbit looked kind of terrified so I guess that goes against the ethics of respecting their space. But I learned alot about my camera, and the best feeling is going back through your shots and saying yes! look at that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment